Thursday, May 29, 2008

My first impression on Animal Farm


At first I was not too impressed when I heard that the story was all about animals on a farm. I took it to be a very light, easy study, nothing too intense or highly captivating.

After the introduction of Animal Farm (28 April 2008)-the 1st lesson- my perspective of the novel changed dramatically.
We had the brief history of George Orwell presented to us. This gave us the essential background knowledge to why the novel was written and what it was intended to do.

I came to learn that the novel actually combines 3 literary forms:
1. Fable
2. Satire
3. Allegory
Learning about this has played a key role to my perspective of the novel as I now know what Orwell intended us to see and learn. We accomplished all of this by taking a deeper look into meanings and references made in the novel.

No comments: