Thursday, May 29, 2008

If Only You Knew

Blood filled rivers flow beneath a dark sky
Not a spec of blue insight
A thick cloud of grey and brown
Smog and smoke fill your lungs as you breathe in
Burnt trees stand half way up from the ground…
If they were lucky to survive.
Rubble lies beneath my feet.
I stand over what is left of my home.
The sound of guns firing, sirens running, people screaming and crying in
desperation.
Despite my bleeding head, my sore throat and all the pain
I search frantically for my family
…but there is no one insight.
I see in the far what looks like a hand.
A glimpse of hope.
And so I tear the rubble like a starving wolf.
I find what is left of my mothers body,
Her hand lies alone,
Her body unknown.

Instead of standing under a clear blue sky,
Under which rivers of crystal clear spring water flows,
Where trees are rich and flourishing,
Where birds sing and buildings stand tall and proud.
Where people are happy and the air is clear.

I stand here.
This is my world.
The world the UN did not stop
The world Bush wants for his ‘War O Terror’
The world for which today I stand alone
Only with one God
The world for which my father was imprisoned unjustly,
My mother martyred,
My little brother suffocated,
My baby sister burnt.
The world which the world cannot see…
The world which the world does not want to see.
This is my world.
The world which you will never know.

A world created by your leader for ‘World Peace’
Where every citizen is stripped off their human rights
And no one even cares.
As you reading this my world is tearing apart.
My brothers are dying.
And you at home are trying to past time.
Giving your dimes seems the right thing to do…
If you only knew what they do…
You’d think twice before you spare again.
The amo, the bombs, the drugs,
the tanks that blew up my house.
If only you knew.

No comments: